Monday, March 5, 2007

Having Cold!

I consider myself a luck person as far as my health is concerned. I occasionally catch cold. Other than that my life has been illness free.

Over the weekend I have not been feeling well and getting down with a cold. So far its initial symptoms are “runny nose,” “feeling weak,” and “being angry.” Consequently, I do not want to be bothered by anyone, including my boys whom I love so dearly. But the most difficult part of not feeling well is when one has to study for the next class when there are exam and papers due next week. Do you e-mail your professors about your condition? This is a dilemma! How would you convey the message that you are not feeling well and could not study for the class assignment?

I guess in many cases of such situations one rarely think about missing classes because people do not consider having cold is serious. People often go to work and work at home when they are not feeling well. It is devastating when one gets a cold; however, if one thinks of other illnesses, one is relived for having a lousy cold and nothing else. The thought that it will take only a few days makes one feel better about the beautiful days ahead. By the same token, feeling sick makes one think of other people with serious illnesses. It is this moment that one feels empathy with them. It is remarkable what these people go through!

Having such small colds is sometimes good so that one can be compassionate!

No comments: