Monday, February 26, 2007

Snow fall and Gore's Oscar victory


Last night Gore’s documentary was among the Oscar winners. This made me very happy. I have not watched his documentary yet because it will have an impression on me so that I will not get away from thinking about the environment all the time. I guess that one would analyze my angst as getting away from the realities and not facing them. I am perhaps a person who is not up to some challenges such as environmental disaster, economic collapses, etc.

Following the Oscars, the snow blanketed the state of Connecticut, where I live. This was a beautiful message after Gore’s victory. Somehow social and natural events have nicely coincided at the same time. The snow fall made happy too after hearing the news about climate change this year. Everyone has been talking about the problem that we might face it drastically in the future. However, seeing the snow on the tree branches this morning made my day and I thought that I am fortunate to see it again before the end of winter season.

A winter without snow is a house without roof, a face without smile, or a cup of soup without salt. When it comes to snow, I am person who does not complain about. When it snows, my friends at work complain and moan about the presence of the snow so that I play devil’s advocate and take the side of the snow to the point that I become adamant about and then realize that I should stop not to annoy people. This is because I do want the nature to take its course and it pleases itself. I might be cruel because the course of nature can be brutal at time when it comes to earth quake or if snow fall becomes deadly.
As a matter of fact sometimes, snow fall can be devastating when it brings about avalanches and death and destruction with it. Yet this is very seldom and happens occasionally as in other destructive forces that are caused by men. For example, accidents involving death or fires that cause havoc etc.

No matter what I look at it positively and enjoy the snow when I see kids on their snow tubes, skies and other means sliding down the hills. Incidentally, I think about water in the summer due to the snow fall and say “Alas…we will have not worry about water this year” and do not think about any thing that disturb my routine.

No comments: